Do you limit your smiling because you’re embarrassed by the condition of your teeth? With the technology available today, cosmetic dentistry can make the most of your smile. Doing a simple tooth whitening can change your appearance dramatically and make you more self-confident Cosmetic services range from changing the look of an existing tooth to replacing an entire set of teeth. Cosmetic services are more affordable than ever before.
Reasons for Cosmetic Services
- Discolored teeth
- Missing teeth
- Jagged teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Weak biting surfac
- Tooth Whitening – Two choices include laser whitening done at your dentist or an athome bleaching kit
- Tooth Veneers – A porcelain ceramic shell is applied to your tooth
- Crowns – Cap is used over a damaged tooth and shaped to match your existing tooth
- Bridges – Used when teeth are missing
- Implants – Replace missing tooth with an artificial tooth anchored into your gums
- Bonding – A material is applied to your tooth and polished and shaped to match your existing tooth
- Tooth Contouring and Reshaping
- Dental Filling – Tooth-colored fillings instead of silver fillings
- Gum Surgery
- Porcelain and Ceramic Inlays
- Orthodontic Work – Use of corrective appliances, including braces and retainers
- Porcelain Jackets
- Periodontics – Alter gum tissue to enhance your smile
Candidates for Services
Not everyone is a candidate for all of the treatments listed above. Your dentist will first evaluate you. Issues of tooth sensitivity and existing dental conditions and fixtures (such as dental fillings) can affect what services you can effectively receive.
Costs of Cosmetic Services
Most insurance policies do not cover elective cosmetic services. Some plans might cover a percentage or require a deductible to be paid. New technologies in this field have made services much more affordable today. Patient financing programs are usually available with multiple payment options.
Life Span of Cosmetic Dentistry
No dental work will last forever. Tooth whitening usually fades over time. Veneers and crowns can deteriorate over time. Maintenance will be required, so be sure to follow your dentist’s follow-up instructions. If you have any questions or concerns about cosmetic dentistry, contact your hygienist or dentist. Maintaining good oral health involves brushing, flossing and visiting your dentist.